How to set the Yandex start page in Safari on iPhone
I saw some users have the Yandex start page in the Safari mobile browser. How to install the same instead of the usual bookmarks bar?
Mobile operating systems iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 have learned to work with extensions for the standard Safari browser. Unfortunately, the developers have not yet released enough good add-ons to assemble at least a slightly useful top out of them.
The guys from Yandex drew attention to this feature and have already implemented the possibility of replacing the browser start page on the iPhone or iPad.
How to Change Safari Start Page in iOS 15
1. Go to Settings – Safari – Extensions and click the More extensions button at the very bottom of the page.
2. A selection of apps from the App Store will open that add extra features to the Safari browser. Find the Yandex app and download it (if the app is already installed, skip this step).
3. After installing the program, return to Settings – Safari – Extensions . You will see a new Yandex section on a new tab .
4. Open this section and turn on the main switch.
5. Below in the same menu in the section Open new tabs , specify Yandex on a new tab .
Now on the new page, instead of the usual menu with bookmarks, get the Yandex. From here you can go to the sections of the relevant services or use the Yandex search without replacing the standard search engine in the browser.
We hope that developers in the future will add page customization options and the ability to add your own bookmarks.