What to do if AirPods Max won’t connect to another device
I have been using AirPods Max for a month, everything worked perfectly with the iPhone. I decided to connect the headphones to the iPad, but he does not see them. What to do?
The design of the AirPods Max headphones did not find a place for a dedicated power button, with which you could turn the device on or off to solve a connection problem.
However, the developers have provided the ability to reboot the headset and even reset it to factory settings. You can monitor the reboot or reset using the status indicator light on the bottom of the earpiece with buttons.
How to reset AirPods Max
1. Turn the headset upside down to follow the indicator.
2. Hold down the Digital Crown and Noise Canceling buttons until the LED blinks amber.
3. Release the buttons and wait 30 seconds, the headset will reboot.
This can solve some connection problems with certain devices.
How to reset AirPods Max to factory settings
If the reboot did not help, try resetting the gadget to factory settings.
1. Connect the headset to the power adapter for a few minutes. This is necessary so that the gadget will definitely have enough charge for the time of resetting the settings.
2. Disconnect the headset from the power adapter and turn it upside down for easy viewing of the indicator.
3. Hold down the Digital Crown and Noise Cancel buttons for 15 seconds.
4. After the indicator glows bright white and turns off, the headphones will be reset to factory settings.
5. Connect AirPods Max to iPhone for initial setup.
This procedure should solve connection problems, and you can also reset the gadget before selling it or transferring it to another user.