Owners of the original games will receive upgraded versions for free.
Publisher Ziggurat Interactive, which acquired the rights to BloodRayne in June 2020, announced the release date for the re-releases of two games in the series on Steam and GOG – November 20. The updated versions were subtitled Terminal Cut, and their pages have already appeared in stores:
The action game about Half-Vampire Rhine fighting Nazi forces has been updated for modern systems and optimized for Windows 10. Among other things, Terminal Cut editions will include:
- support for resolutions up to 4K / 3840×2160;
- 4x anti-aliasing and improved rendering;
- enlarged cinematic clips;
- support for modern gamepads (XInput);
- improved lighting;
- support for original uncompressed textures;
- improved effects of reflections, fog, shadows and water.
All users who already own the original BloodRayne or BloodRayne 2 on Steam or GOG will receive updated versions of the games in the same store for free.
Apparently, the re-release of the action series is not the only franchise project in the plans of Ziggurat. The company previously said it was going to “expand the BloodRayne universe.”