One of the cool features of the Apple ecosystem is the quick and convenient transfer of data from one iPhone to another. If earlier it was necessary to use iCloud for this, now there is direct data transfer between smartphones.
This method is faster and suitable for those whose backup iPhone does not fit in the Apple cloud. Or if there is no fast Wi-Fi nearby.
What you need for direct data transfer
▪️pair of iPhones with iOS 12.4 or later mobile OS
▪️ USB cable – Lightning from any iPhone
▪️ Apple Lightning to USB 3.0 adaptertips,articles, ios iphone restore, instructions, features to directly connect one smartphone to another.
You can transfer wirelessly, but it will take more time and require an affordable Wi-Fi network.
How to transfer data without iCloud
For convenience, we call the device from which data will be transferred “old”, and the second smartphone – “new”.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both smartphones, they should be close to each other.
- Thenew iPhone must be reset to factory settings or be in the activation phase.
- Theold iPhone will notice the new device and offer to transfer data.
- After confirmation on the new smartphone, you will see a special animation that you need to scan using the old camera.
- On the new iPhone, you need to make several settings, set an unlock password and activate Face ID / Touch ID.
- Next, select direct transfer without iCloud and if you have a cable with an adapter, we connect one iPhone to another.
- After a few minutes, the data will be transferred, the new smartphone will reboot and download all the necessary applications.
In the process of such a data transfer, only binding to the Apple Watch and the added cards in Apple Pay are not transferred, they will have to be manually configured.