You can recover any iPhone and iPad after a software failure using a complete flashing of the device. To do this, it is not necessary to know the latest supported version of iOS for the gadget.
The procedure in this case is as follows:
- Put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode.
- Connect to your computer and launch iTunesor Finder (for macOS Catalina and newer).
- The system recognizes the connected smartphone and for recovery itself will offer to download the most current firmware.
If you can’t download the old version of the firmware, the download takes too long or freezes, you can download the firmware yourself. Another such method is useful when you have to restore the firmware on a computer with slow or limited Internet.
- Go to the site ipsw.me.
- Select your gadget from the list.
- See a list of the most current firmware that Apple signs (only they can be installed).
- Download the desired firmware.
- Perform a manual firmware update according to our instructions.