Apple has released iOS 14.2 for everyone.
Build number – 18B92
With this update, Apple has fixed bugs from previous releases, improved performance, and added several useful new features.
So what’s new?
IOS 14.2 introduces 117 new emojis. New emojis include a smiling face with a tear, a black cat, a cockroach, a magic wand, a stone, an elevator, a transgender symbol and their flag.
Intercom for HomePod and other devices
IPhone, iPad, CarPlay, AirPods, HomePod and HomePod mini now support Intercom, which allows you to send short voice messages to family members’ devices.
You can activate the function using Siri by saying “Hey Siri Intercom”.
Shazam quick call
The Control Center now has a button to quickly launch Shazam. At the same time, she does not open the application, but immediately begins to recognize the music.
To add a button, go to Settings → Control Center .
New player widget in Control Center
The last played albums are now shown in Control Center. The interaction with AirPlay devices has also been simplified.
Related: Download new wallpaper from iOS 14.2
Apple has added new wallpapers, all with light and dark mode support.
Full changelog for iOS 14.2
iOS 14.2 contains the following improvements for iPhone:
More than 100 new emojis, including animals, food, faces, household items, musical instruments, gender-responsive emoji and more.
8 new wallpaper options for light and dark modes.
The Magnifier function can recognize and measure the distance to people by the LiDAR sensor built into the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Supports iPhone 12 MagSafe Leather
Case . ▪️ Optimized AirPods battery charging slows down battery wear by reducing the time your AirPods batteries are fully charged.
Headphone sound level notifications alert you to volume levels that can negatively affect your hearing.
New AirPlay controls let you stream content anywhere in your home.
HomePod and HomePod mini support Intercom, which can be used with iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods and CarPlay.
HomePod can be connected to Apple TV 4K for stereo, surround and Dolby Atmos audio playback.
Added the ability to send statistical data on the use of Contact Notifications to government health services (you cannot be identified based on these data).
The following bugs have been fixed:
- Apps on the Home screen might be in the wrong order.
- The camera viewfinder may appear black at startup.
- The keyboard on the lock screen might skip touches when trying to enter a passcode.
- For reminders, the default time could be set in the past.
- The “Photos” widget might not display content.
- The Weather widget could display the maximum temperature in Celsius even if Fahrenheit was selected.
- In the description of the precipitation table for the next hour in the “Weather” application, the time when precipitation stops may have been incorrectly indicated.
- Dictaphone recordings were interrupted by incoming calls.
- The screen could be black when playing videos from Netflix.
- The Apple Watch app might quit unexpectedly on launch.
- GPS training routes and medical data may not sync between Apple Watch and iPhone for some users.
- The CarPlay panel may erroneously display the “Not Playing” audio status.
- The devices may not be wirelessly charged.
- Contact Notifications were turned off when restoring iPhone from iCloud backup or transferring data to new iPhone using Migrate to iPhone.
- How to install the update
The firmware size is about 1 GB.
Download iOS 14.2 is now available “over the air”. To do this, open Settings → General → Software update .