After long expectations, Pwn20wnd hackers released the unc0ver v3.7.0 beta 1 jailbreak for iPhone and iPad with A12 and A12X chip.
What devices are supported
▪️iPhone XS Max
▪️iPhone 8 Plus
▪️iPhone 7 Plus
▪️iPhone 6s Plus
▪️iPhone 6 Plus
▪️iPad mini (2019)
▪️iPad Air (2019)
▪️iPad Pro (2018)
▪️iPad 6th generation (2018)
To install the jailbreak device must work on iOS 12.4 or earlier.
How to install
Important: everything you do is at your own peril and risk. Apple against jailbreaking, banking applications may stop working, and the system will become insecure.
1. Back up your iPhone in case something goes wrong. How to do this, you can read in instructions .
2. If you have active updates available, delete them in the menu Settings → General → iPhone Storage → System .
3. Reboot your iPhone or iPad.
Option 1. Using Apple ID
2. Connect the device to the computer, open Cydia Impactor, drag the application into the window that appears and enter the Apple ID data.
3. Open Settings → General → Profile on the device and confirm the unc0ver profile.
4. Open the unc0ver application that appears on the desktop and click Jailbreak.
Option # 2. Without using Apple ID
1. Open this link on the device with iOS 12.4 in Safari and select Install app. You will install the Ignition application.
2. Open Settings → General → Profiles on the device and confirm the Zhunai profile.
3. Open the application and search unc0ver in the search.
4. Click the Get button, and then Install.
5. Open Profile again and confirm unc0ver.
6. Open the unc0ver application that appears on the desktop and click Jailbreak.
If the application freezes, wait 2-5 minutes. Did not help? Reboot the device and try again.
That’s all, the jailbreak has been successfully installed. Remember that this is a semi-linked jail, so you will have to sign up for iOS again every 7 days.
Unc0ver is in beta so far, so bugs may appear after jailbreaking. For example, the camera does not always work on the iPhone XS and XR.
How to fix Camera application after jailbreak
1. Disconnect the jailbreak by rebooting the device
2. Open the Camera application at least twice
3. Install the jailbreak
After these manipulations, the camera should work.