Analysts are waiting for her in the first half of 2021.
Following the financial report released on January 30, Nintendo made a presentation to investors, telling more about its recent successes and some future plans.
- Nintendo does not plan to release a new Switch model in 2020.
- To expand the audience of Switch in 2020, Nintendo will focus on promoting the Lite version of the console.
- At the end of December 2019, Switch’s sales to end users exceeded 48 million units – earlier in the quarterly report, Nintendo reported that total deliveries to stores reached 52.4 million units.
- Switch sales are growing not only in the US but also in Europe. In the Black Friday week alone, a total of 1.4 million console units were sold in both regions.
- Ring Fit Adventure, a role-playing game with elements of fitness, proved to be especially good in Japan, and worldwide sales at the end of January amounted to over 1.7 million copies.
- Nintendo noted that Luigi’s Mansion became a large franchise, and at the start, the third part was sold more than twice as fast as Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, which was released in 2013 on Nintendo 3DS.
- Pokemon Sword & Shield became the fastest-selling part in the series, breaking the Moon & Sun record. Nintendo reported earlier that shipments exceeded 16 million copies at the end of December.
- Nintendo wants players to run its games for a long time, and therefore plans to actively support them with content.
- The Nintendo Online service reached 15 million subscribers, while a year earlier there were 8 million. This means that approximately 29% of Switch owners also have a subscription.
- The Illumination Mario animated film is partly funded by Universal, which will also act as a distributor, and Nintendo is actively involved in the development process. Theatrical release is scheduled for 2022.
- Nintendo has decided to merge four Tokyo offices into one to increase workflow efficiency.
Earlier in a report released on January 30, Nintendo reported on shipments of its latest titles and updated the top-selling Switch games. The console itself, according to available data, has already bypassed the Xbox One – it took her 34 months to do this.