In the Pakistan from November 19 – from 75,723.99 Pakistani Rupee.
On September 16, Sony held the last big PS5 presentation ahead of the console’s launch. There were several high-profile announcements at the event, including Final Fantasy XVI (seemingly a temporary exclusive) and the sequel to God of War, slated for 2021. All announcements and trailers can be viewed in a separate article.
Prices in the Pakistan and the start of pre-orders
In the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea, the console will go on sale on November 12. In the rest of the world (and in Pakistan) – November 19.
- PS5 – 93,659.09 Pakistani Rupee
- PS5 without drive – 75,723.99 Pakistani Rupee
For comparison, the Xbox Series S price will be 53,785.38 Pakistani Rupee, and the Series X – 90,851.25 Pakistani Rupee. The first is without a drive and is noticeably weaker than the PS5, the second is slightly more powerful. Microsoft consoles will be available for pre-order starting September 22 and will be released November 10.
PS5 pre-orders are already open at most retailers – the console can be prepaid for 9,961.95 Pakistani Rupee (no guarantee of receipt on the first day) or in full.
Links to pre-order from Pakistan retailers
- DualSense controller – 11,556.18 Pakistani Rupee (one is included, the second is needed for two- player games or as a replacement if the main one sat down)
- Pulse 3D headphones – 16,538.16 Pakistani Rupee (wireless headphones, analog of Gold from the previous generation)
- HD Camera – 9,961.95 Pakistani Rupee (needed for PS VR and streams with the image of the player)
- Media Remote – 4,979.98 Pakistani Rupee (allows you to use the console as a media player)
- Charging station for two DualSense – 4,979.98 Pakistani Rupee (charges two gamepads simultaneously through special ports)
Dimensions, weight, power consumption
This is one of the largest consoles ever. It is 9 centimeters taller than the Xbox Series X tower.
- PS5 – 390mm x 104mm x 260mm (excluding stand), 4.5kg, 350W
- PS5 All Digital – 390mm x 92mm x 260mm (excluding stand), 3.9kg, 340W
Jim Ryan says 99% of PS5 games tested on PS4 work without issue. There seem to be rare exceptions.
Some PS4 games will receive PS5 patches (paid or free – as the publisher decides). Those that do not update will work with PS4 or PS4 Pro level picture – but with better frame rate or higher dynamic resolution.
This time, the transition should be almost seamless – as if we are talking about the PS4 Pro Pro.
Sony hasn’t shown this side of the console before. There is one HDMI 2.1 port, two fast USB ports, a wired internet connection and a power connector. There is another fast USB and USB-C on the front panel.
The console is built on the same platform as the Xbox Series X. In terms of graphics power, it is closer to the second in the interval between Series S and Series X. Its processor is slightly slower than that of Microsoft consoles.
At the same time, the PS5 partly benefits from a single pool of RAM (Microsoft has it split into two parts at different speeds), the presence of USB-C and Wi-Fi 6 (Xbox only has Wi-Fi 5).
In the case of SSDs, Sony uses its own custom technology, and Microsoft uses an API that will be used on PCs as well. It is difficult to say who will definitely lead in this regard.
- AMD Radeon RDNA 2 based video with hardware ray tracing acceleration, 10.3 teraflops @ 2.23 GHz
- X86-64-AMD Ryzen Zen 2.8 cores, 16 threads, 3.5 GHz VFR
- 16GB GDDR6 – 448GB / s single pool
- 825 GB SSD at 5.5 GB / s
- UHD optical drive, discs up to 100 GB
- HDMI 2.1 with support for 120Hz, VRR, 8K
- Dedicated Tempest Sound Booster
- Three high-speed USB-A ports and one USB-C
- Bluetooth 5.1
- Wi-Fi 6 support
All of these games are full PS4 and PS5 exclusives. Sony rejected the initial information about the release of Demon’s Souls on PC, and deleted the trailer with an error.
Follow the links to watch the trailers.
- Astro’s Playroom (preinstalled on PS5) is a small platformer with which you can evaluate the capabilities of the new gamepad
- Demon’s Souls is a remake of the cult game developed by Bluepoint studio. She also did a remake of Shadow of the Colossus 2018
- Destruction All-Stars is a game that combines third-person action and racing
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a spin-off of Marvel’s Spider-Man that can be purchased separately or with the main game. Both games will be released on PS4 and PS5, but the new console will have improved graphics
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure – Little Big Planet Spin-Off Coming To PS4
PS5 versions of all high-profile games of the fall will also be available at launch, including Call of Duty: Black Ops, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077 (will work better than on PS4 Pro, but so far without graphical improvements), Marvel’s Avengers, Watch Dogs Legion , Dirt 5 and others.
Sony Exclusives Coming To PS4
Sony said it wants to support players who buy the PS5 later in this way. The company claims that PS5 versions are made from scratch, and for PS4 games are cut.
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5 launch)
- Horizon: Forbidden West (2021)
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5 launch)
Transition to 10,940.70 Pakistani Rupee for a new generation AAA
In the new generation, Sony, like other publishers, raises the prices of games. Some AAA’s will cost 10,940.70 Pakistani Rupee
(in the US it’s $ 70, and in Europe it’s 80 euros).
The PS5 starter lineup will have a handful of 5499 titles and a few at lower prices.
AAA games for PS4 from Sony cost 8,951.12 Pakistani Rupee.
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – Pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – 10,932.38 Pakistani Rupee
- Destruction AllStars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – 10,932.38 Pakistani Rupee
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) -8,546.31 Pakistani Rupee
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – 10,932.38 Pakistani Rupee
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) -9,937.89 Pakistani Rupee
PS Plus subscriber bonus – a collection of 18 games at launch
Sony announced that PS Plus subscribers on PS5 will receive a collection of “defining the past generation” for free, including Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered, inFamous: Second Son and Batman: Arkham Knight.
They will be available at the start, and the collection will continue to grow and change. It will be a new PS Plus feature.
- God of War (2018)
- Monster Hunter: World
- Final fantasy xv
- Fallout 4
- Mortal kombat x
- Uncharted 4
- Ratchet & Clank (2016)
- Days gone
- Until dawn
- Detroit: Become Human
- Battlefield 1
- inFamous: Second Son
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- The last guardian
- The last of us remastered
- Persona 5
- Resident evil 7