4A Games has already taken up the next part of Metro.
THQ Nordic did not wait for Gamescom 2019 and in its quarterly report reported several major news at once.
- The company bought the Gunfire Games studio – it worked on Darksiders III and consists mainly of former employees of Vigil Games, who were involved in the first two parts of the series.
- Another studio bought by the publisher is the Italian Milestone Interactive, known for MotoGP, MXGP and Ride.
- Volition Studio is developing a new Saints Row – the company hinted at this even before the start of E3 2019, however, along with the report, official confirmation finally appeared.
- 4A Games is already working on the next Metro.
- Piranha Bytes has teamed up with THQ Nordic GmbH and is working on an unannounced game.
- The development of the problematic Dead Island 2 passed into the hands of Dambuster Studios, responsible for Homefront: The Revolution. For all the time this is the third time that the game changes the authors.
- Fishlabs, known for its Galaxy on Fire series, is working on a new IP and several other unannounced projects.
- After purchasing rights to TimeSplitters, one of the authors of the series, Steve Ellis, joined THQ Nordic. He will help the company with the development of this franchise, so it seems that there are plans for it.
In terms of finance, the quarter from April to June turned out to be successful for THQ Nordic – net sales and other indicators increased compared to the same period in 2018. The company noted that the results of Metro Exodus in particular contributed to this.
Publisher separately noted the increase in net sales of Coffee Stain Studios, which was able to achieve its performance through the successful promotion of Satisfactory in the Epic Games Store.
In total, THQ Nordic is developing 81 games, 47 of which are still not announced. The company is going to speak at Gamescom 2019, so it’s possible that it will talk about some of them there.