Little Nightmares 2 became one of the main announcements of Gamescom, however, after the premiere of the trailer, not so much was known about the game. In a conversation with Eurogamer, the developers from Tarsier Studios shared the first details, and we selected the main thing from their conversation.
- Initially, the original game was to be called “Hunger.” Its main topics are consumption and greed. In the second part, escapism comes to the forefront – the TV tower and televisions do not just appear in the video.
- Developers are not ready to talk about what time the game unfolds. Moreover, they do not comment on whether the Sixth (the girls in the yellow hood) will have the abilities acquired by her at the end of Little Nightmares.
- After the premiere of the trailer, the players thought that there would be a cooperative in the game, but this is not so. The developers do not want Little Nightmares 2 to play as Little Big Planet – the participation of another person will destroy the atmosphere.
- The new character’s name is Mono – the story of the sequel will be told from his point of view. The developers say that this is “a guy who likes to put various objects on his head” – this is how they joke about the paper bag he walks with. They are not ready to give other characteristics.
- A key feature of Little Nightmares 2 is the development of relationships between the main characters.
- In the trailer, Mono fights off the enemy with a cook, but this does not mean that the heroes will now be able to fully fight. The developers compare this with a “grass knife” in their hands – game weapons will help distract enemies or gain time, but nothing more. However, this new mechanics will be actively used in solving puzzles.
- This time the heroes will go beyond the ship, but at Tarsier they wanted to maintain the effect of claustrophobia even in the forest or at school. The environment will still put pressure on the player.
- The trailer presents two new bosses – Hunter and Teacher. The first is simply bloodthirsty, and the second symbolizes all the worst that some school teachers have – a craving for power and a desire to suppress children. The authors of the game ask real teachers not to be offended and not to look for deep meanings here – these are just frightening images.
Little Nightmares 2 will go on sale in 2020 – on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Switch.